Wednesday 13 February 2013

ABOUT ME


 I’m a gardener, writer and TV producer with children, grandchildren and a large family here in the UK and in Barbados.  Apart from my love of plants, my love of shoes, clothes and make-up is shameless and I’m hardly ever seen without lipstick (especially MAC).  My handbag is famous for having everything you might need from cosmetics and creams to a gardening knife – because you never know when you might need to take a quick cutting or re-apply your make-up - which is probably why friends and colleagues call me LadyLou.
I’ve worked on loads of gardening programmes as a researcher, assistant producer and finally producer of the UK’s leading gardening programme, Gardener’s World and my life in television has spanned almost 20 years.

As a freelance writer I have written two horticultural books (Flower of the Moment & Gardener’s World Top Tips), wrote a gardening page for Bella magazine for 3 years and am an occasional contributor to magazines.

I’ve visited hundreds of gardens, met loads of gardeners and love nothing better than a huge herbaceous border stuffed with plants.
Away from the world of television I work in my own garden (which is also stuffed with plants) and try spend a couple of months of the year in Barbados where my husband was born.  We have a house to the north of the island where, currently, there is no garden but where we spend hours sat on the veranda listening to music, reading and, of course, drinking alcoholic refreshments.

I also read copiously and never go anywhere without my kindle.

You can contact me on ladylougardener@gmail.com
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment